Friday, August 1, 2008

Options (Refrain)

One thing about the blog format, particularly this style where the comments are not displayed in-line -- comments added to older posts get no love. This is not always bad. Older conversations just fade away kinda like in real life. But, its also not always what you want. Adding a "recent comments" section in the sidebar might be nice. Here's a page that discusses just that:
Recent comments in the sidebar

3 comments:

JM said...

Trying to get this to work. Let's see.

JM said...

Uuuhmmm....a little help?

Presumably, this series of lines of text would go into the "Edit HTML" section of this blog (the section with row upon row of various, seemingly, but not actually, random mathmatical and gramatical symbols-a.k.a. "computer code"). Correct?

As these lines are all greek to me (actually, greek would be easier), even the simplist of options (simply copying and inserting these lines somewhere into the body of this HTML gobbledygook) would still require that I know where to insert them.

E.g., I know that some manner of water pump must exist in the cycle of my car's cooling system. I just couldn't tell you where.

JM said...

Still can't figure this one out.

The blog format I've selected appears to be the critical factor.