Saturday, August 9, 2008

Running is like a box of chocolates...

2mi WU + 2 X 12:00 T w/ 2:00 recovery + 1:00:00 CD.
I started off worried because I was still sore from the hills. Ha!
Tempos were :30 faster than prescribed, and the last hour was still comfortable at PMP + :10 (prescribed pace for the last hour was just "easy"). I might not hit 3:30:59, but I'm feeling really good right now about beating my initial goal time.

My cadence on the tempos was 94-95, and 87 for the last hour. If the tempo cadence is a little fast, maybe it will slow down slightly as I lengthen my stride. I've been working diligently on getting the cadence up -- perhaps I've overdone it? I hope it's just good groundwork for having good turnover on longer distances. Of course, coach says I'm supposed to have higher cadence than normal on the hills.

1 comment:

JM said...

C'est ca. I've also read much on the potential hazards of overstriding. Want to try to work on cadence drills myself.