Thursday, August 28, 2008

überTraining

I wonder if my speed work has been a little too fast. I'm perpetually sore, runs seem to be getting harder, and my times seem, if anything, to be getting a little slower.

Of course, my times are still much faster than anything I can remember running in the last several decades. Hmmm...I wonder how I'll handle the transition from cutting minutes from my per-mile paces to trying to cut a few seconds from a 5k PR?

Tomorrow night is the Midnight Flight in Anderson. MaryAnne and I are doing the 5k -- well, she will if her stubbed toe allows.

2 comments:

JM said...

There's no doubt that my workout recovery time ain't what it was 20 years ago. But my body gradually adjust by the time I hit my taper.

Stuart said...

I'm lucky not to have any idea what my recovery time would have been 20 years ago. All I know is I recover quicker now than I did three years ago, presumably just from having a few miles in my legs.