So, 5 x 500-800m hill, at 5k pace...right. Maybe I've got the wrong hill or something.
My hill is up Whaley from S.Main to Pickens. It's about 700m, with about 140ft of climb. That's - what - 6% grade or something? Seems like a reasonable hill -- steep enough to be a "hill", and long enough for the requirement.
Cadence 95 or so, pace 9:15's give or take -- no where near 5k race pace, and I felt like a rubber chicken by about 3/4 of the way up.
Maybe I just need to do more of them, and I'll get really strong.
Christmas
13 years ago
1 comment:
Saluda from Blossom is also a humdinger. That was my preferred hill. That's within close distance to your house.
Kilbourne from Shady Lane up to Brennen was also a favorite.
It's a haul, but Fort Jackson has the best hardcore hills.
95 seems like a high turnover. Most elites run at around 90 (180).
Post a Comment