So, mab says I'm psyching myself out -- DNF'd the 5k, DNF'd the long run on Sunday, took Monday off. I've gone from watching my paces get faster and faster to thinking that the faster paces should be easy or something.
So for today's tempo run, I decided to just get back to basics -- relax, focus on form, and not try to run 30 seconds faster than the prescribed pace. I had a good run; maybe 5-10 secs faster than goal pace -- just a little buffer to make sure I was on pace without having to look at my watch every 10 sec.
I got back, hosed down the legs (not quite an ice bath, but better than nothing - water's cold enough that it's almost as much of a shock), and discovered Murphy had gone under the garage, where he knows he's not supposed to go. Normally, I make him go back inside when he goes somewhere he's not supposed to -- that's after a good bit of coaxing and threatening and possibly crawling under the garage myself, and then once I've got my hands on him, carrying him back in the house. Amusingly, when I told him to get out from under there this morning, he paused for just a second, and then walked right out and straight to the back door himself.
Christmas
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment