Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Options

Do we wish to make this site viewable by the public?

Since I doubt many people would be interested in viewing it, the advantage to us would be that we could view and comment without the hassle of logging in every time.

Of course, it would then be public, which might inhibit our expressive nature.

I can go either way, since I log in all the time to manage the West Ashley Running site.

Just wondering.

1 comment:

Stuart said...

If you make it public, then bots and warehouses full of underpaid folks in third-world locales will eventually find it and start spamming it.

We have an info page with a form to fill out, and I'm amazed to see spam entered into the form and submitted. I'm not sure if they're trying to get us to read the spam (a lot of manual work for little gain), or if they're hopping that what they enter will wind up on some publicly visible web page.